Senior Associate Business Development and M&A (m/f/x), Berlin, Munich or Vienna
Speedinvest is a European venture capital fund with €400M+ AUM and more than 40 investment professionals working from Berlin, London, Munich, Paris, Vienna and San Francisco. Employing a sector-focused investment structure, we fund innovative early-stage technology startups in the areas of Fintech, Digital Health, Consumer Tech, Network Effects, Deep Tech and Industrial Tech. Speedinvest actively deploys its global network and dedicated team of more than 20, in-house operational experts to support our 140+ portfolio companies, including with US market expansion.
Speedinvest has successfully invested in companies such as Bitmovin, Stateless, Hitbox, Sipwise, Tourradar, Wefox, Shpock and Wikifolio. Learn more: www.speedinvest.com
Be part of our international and diverse team of motivated, talented and results-focused colleagues who share a passion to drive impact and be a true partner to start-ups.
About the Position
As a Speedinvest Senior Analyst BD and M&A, you will support our Head of BD and M&A in researching & prospecting, new M&A or BD opportunities. You will support/take the lead in analytics, presentations, and communication of respective opportunities. You will use your excellent analytical and communication skills to play an active role in establishing a new business function within Speedinvest.
- Conduct research on potential M&A buyers and BD partners
- Position start-ups and their products in a way to access new markets, enhance acquisition stories
- Prepare presentations that position the business with potential acquiring targets
- Help generate potential buyer list and take initiative to contact prospective mergers and acquisitions candidates to meet with corporate leadership and senior management of the startup
- Work with senior members of the Speedinvest team to access potential strategic partners for BD and/or M&A projects
- Help with data entry and -maintenance to create reliable portfolio management- and investment process
- Create financial model analyses based on shared private and public information, inclusive of the prospective business’s company revenue, staff resources assessments, and general due diligence
- Maintain healthy stakeholder relations during the period of an M&A deal from the first contact to the signed agreement
This is you
A Bachelor's and/or Master's degree holder in a business-related field (finance, accounting or economics preferred)
- Work experience in a fast-paced environment (e.g. consulting, investment banking, M&A)
- Work experience in a Startup or VC is a plus
- Fluent in English
- You are analytical and diligent, have strong interpersonal skills and an outgoing nature
- Interest in the latest technological developments and working hands-on with startup
- You are passionate about collaborating and communicating with internal and external
- The chance to gain insights and work experience operationally in a Venture Capital Fund
- Opportunity to work with an open-minded, passionate and international team
- Flexible working hours and home office opportunities.
Speedinvest believes in equal opportunities for everyone and encourages diversity and inclusion. We want to encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply to the Venture Capital world. We process all applications without regard to gender, nationality, race, color, religion, age, disability status, sexual orientation or marital status.
If you like being able to drive impact and enjoy working closely with start-ups, we look forward to receiving your application via firstname.lastname@example.org.