Community Lead (f/m/d), full-time, Berlin, Vienna
Speedinvest is a leading early-stage venture capital firm with more than €1B AuM and 40 investors based in Berlin, London, Munich, Paris, and Vienna. Our dedicated sector-focused teams are the first to fund Europe's most innovative technology startups and our in-house operational experts are on-hand to offer founders ongoing support with growth, HR, market expansion, and more. Wefox, Bitpanda, TIER Mobility, GoStudent, Wayflyer, Open, CoachHub, Schüttflix, TourRadar, Adverity, and Twaice are among our portfolio of 250+ companies.
We are looking to expand our team and are hiring a Community Lead!
About the Position
Speedinvest has a unique and innovative approach to supporting founders and their startups called Platform+. Our in-house experts work side by side with founders and their startups on value-adding operational projects to support them best at every stage of their growth. As Community Lead, you will support our community of startup founders regarding various aspects and contribute to a thriving tech ecosystem. Additionally, you will be an integral part of the Platform+ Team and a touchpoint for more than 500 founders. In this role you will focus on event production (from concept to delivery), content management and specific ad-hoc requests for the portfolio companies to network and exchange knowledge.
- Develop community strategies to support our wide group of portfolio companies, including Portfolio Onboarding, Matchmaking, Events and Resource Hub.
- Deliver hands-on support in executing the community strategy
- Nurture long-term relationships between our portfolio company founders, their teams and external partners.
- Be a matchmaker: you will get to foster relationships with our founder community and match founders to like-minded founders, partners and connections based on support needs and stage
- Manage the founder outreach: from owning the monthly founder newsletter to engage with our founders through our online channels (Email, Slack, Notion, Speedinvest Hub) and offline channels (regular events and meet-ups)
- Partner with horizontal and investment teams to deliver the highest quality and valuable support for the Speedinvest Portfolio
- Lead the planning and execution of the Speedinvest annual founder's retreat, Speedinvest Insights
- Manage our founder events: you will get to manage all of the events that are hosted internally for our portfolio companies, from roundtables to expert-led talks
- Join forces with the Head of Platfom+ to scale and develop the founder community as the Speedinvest portfolio keeps growing
- Completed Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- At least 4+ years of previous experience in a community management role, preferably in a startup or in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and a joy for writing and producing meaningful content
- Outgoing personality, excited about supporting a community and working with startup founders
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, with a high degree of flexibility to adjust to last-minute updates or changes
- Desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and entrepreneurial organization
- Natural at establishing relationships with different stakeholders and working with cross-functional and distributed teams
- Dedicated work ethic, proactive attitude and commitment to a goal-oriented environment
- Fluent in English
- A unique chance to step into the world of venture capital and startups
- An innovative environment with a growth mindset
- The chance to be part of an international, driven, talented and results-oriented team
- The opportunity to continuously learn and grow
- An opportunity to leave your suits behind and wear sneakers to work
- Flexible work environment and the ability to work from home on a regular basis
If you want to work with startups and are passionate about making an impact, we look forward to receiving your application!
According to Austrian law, we are required to state a minimum salary for this position. The expected minimum salary is EUR 68,000.00 gross annually. However, the final salary will be a competitive package based on previous work experience, hence there is a willingness to overpay.
Speedinvest believes in equal opportunities for everyone and encourages diversity and inclusion. We want to encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply to the Venture Capital world. We process all applications without regard to gender, nationality, race, colour, religion, age, disability status, sexual orientation, or marital status.